The Nexus and the Net for your next act.
I work with really creative people who, for some reason…aren’t actually creating anything.
Or at least, nothing you’re proud of. Nothing you’re happy with.
Maybe you’re trying – but you keep finding yourself stuck, blocked, or
feeling like a fraud.
I can help you figure out how to get back into your creative flow, so you can start making work you love – and get back the self-respect and joy that used to light you up. That feeling that everything is right.
Do you …
- Feel your creative work grinding to a halt and your energy draining away?
- Force yourself to make something – only to wind up feeling nauseous and ashamed when you look at it?
- Find yourself wondering if you should just quit fooling yourself, because it’s obvious you’re not cut out for this?
- Secretly feel resentful when your friends and peers have successes?
- Feel like you’ve tried everything imaginable to get past this – including ignoring it and the “just get over it and move on” approach – but nothing has changed, you’re stuck in the same awful loop?
- Know that everyone else is as bored as you are of hearing you talk about this?
- Just want these issues to go away?
Instead, imagine waking up in the morning and feeling really alive again.
Like you can’t WAIT to get back to the creative work you’ve got going.
- Being able to just start on a creative project, feeling nothing but ease and curiosity.
- Having a ton of ideas fermenting and bubbling up that you’re actually excited to explore!
- Picking any one of them – because you know they’re all rich with potential.
- When the unexpected comes up, instead of it being a problem, it feels like a juicy chance for collaboration between you and your work.
- Being able to celebrate your friends’ successes without feeling resentful, because you have your own to share!
- Once again, experiencing those days where you wake up and, for no reason, you’re filled with bliss from top to toe, and you just bounce through your day.
I’m Nikki and I’m a Creativity Coach and Thought Auditor. I’m one of those people who never stops asking questions, a ravenous self-learner fascinated by what makes creative people like us tick, and how we get in our own way.
For over 25 years, I’ve been helping people of all ages – including Whitney Biennial Participants and Clio Winners, successful writers, artists, business people and academics – all experts in their fields, who have felt the frazzle of imminent burn-out.
I show my clients how to develop creative, personal ways to navigate through, around, or away from what’s getting in your way so that you can get back to doing your best work and actually have fun doing it!
How It Works:
- First, we begin with a 90 minute Deep Dive Session, so that we can both be really clear about the issues you’re facing, the ways you’ve tried to deal with them, and what our next steps look like. I tailor these sessions to you – because I understand that everyone’s struggle is different.
- Then we meet for 30 mins (by phone, skype, or in person) once a week for 3 weeks. You are supported as you move forwards, and we can deal with the challenges that come up once you begin to take action – so they feel less like challenges, and more like invitations to play!
- Text support from me between our sessions, in case something unexpected comes up, (because the messy bits are part of the path!).
- An email check in, two weeks after we finish working together, to make sure things are going well and you’re still on track.
Because you are more than ‘just-a-client’ to me. You matter! And so does your work.
Investment: $300/month (minimum 1 month)
I know how to get through this because I have, over and over again. And what I’ve learned is this:
It’s really hard to do this alone.
You need a new pair of eyes to help you see past your blind spots, someone to hold you accountable – and someone to hold your hand.
So here’s my hand.
We can take the next steps together. I’ll hear what you’re saying; I’ll see what you’re seeing; I’ll understand how awful it feels, and I’ll be right here beside you.
Because here’s the thing:
- Sometimes blocks dissolve in the blink of an eye, in the shift of a viewpoint.
- Sometimes we need to chip away at them, piece by piece.
- Sometimes we need to carry them with us for a while so we can disentangle their roots, and find the gifts hidden in the mud.
But, whatever your path turns out to be, we’ll go one step, and another step, and we’ll keep going until we get to the other side. I’m not going to make you do anything you can’t do. If you need to stop and rest, you can. I’ll just sit right next to you. We’ll do this at the rate you need to, and I’ll be beside you, helping you, the whole way.
Photo credit: Wallace Merritt.